I used to think it was kind of pathetic when I had to eat meals at my coffee table in front of the tv. But ever since I got a dining room table, I find that I enjoy eating at my coffee table much more. The empty dining room chair sitting across from me makes me sad. And I don't have a good view of the tv from the dining room, so it's doubly lonely. I sometimes feel bad for my table, or rather, I feel bad that I spent money on something that I don't use, so I'll force myself to eat a meal there every once in awhile, but I don't enjoy it. I should just put out my fancy placemats and cloth napkins and have it be something pretty to look at, instead of a functional piece of furniture.
Do you eat at a table, or do you eat in front of the tv?
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Well, I was going to mention you haven't invited me over yet....
I'm a couch eater when by myself.
DH and I use the snack trays in front of the TV. During the week he gets home much too late to eat with the kids so I feed them around 5-6 then make DH and I something after they go to bed. We eat around 8 or 9 or even later if he has class.
Bad, I know. Do you ever read at the table? I would when I eat.
CERVIX!!!
Oops, wrong blog.
The other night I came home from picking up our dinner, and Conner had set the table for three.
DH and I have always been living room/sofa or floor eaters. No trays, just our laps. There have been nights when Conner eats alone in the kitchen watching his shows while I wait for DH.
We do eat at our kitchen table - more often Conner & me than the three of us. We eat at the dining room table on Thanksgiving. That's it. We only have a dining room I think to house MIL's furniture that we inherited. That's actually okay with me. I like the beauty of it.
I don't mind eating alone, but it's because I talk to people all day at work. On the phone, in person. I then talk to my family at home. Sometimes the alone/silence for me is really needed.
If Kim ever comes over hide the couch. She might be hungry.
We eat at the dining room table, from which you can see the TV. :-)
Merry Christmas!
*hugs* and *smooches*
My table is covered with all kinds of junk. I usually sit at the computer to eat. Clint sits on the couch or on the floor in front of the TV (depends on whether he's watching a show or playing his video games).
Merry Christmas!
*kicksmooch*
I think it's a great idea to put out placemats and a centerpiece on your dining room table. I eat at the kitchen table, which gives me a perfect view of the T.V. It's more comfortable to sit on the kitchen chair than on the couch, to eat. I also read when I eat.
I got in a REALLY bad habit of eating in my bed when I was recovering from umpteen knee surgeries. I go hole up in my room with dinner, tv, and laptop. I have got to stop because it's just weird.
I never sit at our table alone--I eat on the couch or at the counter on a stool. One of my resolutions for 2009 is to do more full-fledged homestyle dinners and drag my kids and hubby to the table all at the same time. With our schedule, that's not a frequent happening.
And yes, zombs, I read while I eat. It is another TERRIBLE habit.
Tom and I have Sunday breakfast at a little conference table in our home office (which is technically our "dining room") otherwise we usually eat in the family room, in front of the TV; I in my lazy boy chair and Tom on his sofa. The only downside to that is I always spill my soup.
Tom hates to eat dinner at a table so we only do it on "feast" days or when a bunch of relatives are over. In that case we eat at a table in my pretty big country kitchen.
I say make your table look really beautiful! Create a nice centerpiece and change it up now and then! Even when we are not eating at the table I like to keep Clarabelle (my cow) and a couple of really pretty hot mats centered on the kitchen table.
I dislike eating in restuarants alone. I can do it, but I don't like it.
I avoid the dining room whenever I can. Couch or desk eater here.
*drops crumbs into keyboard*
We ended up giving away our kitchen table because we never used it. We are couch eaters. And anyone who eats at our house is forced to be a couch eater too since we don't even have a table anymore.
We have a dining room table that we use for most evening meals (I'd say 4-5 times per week).
We have a nice, contemporary set. Glass top table (usually covered with a table cloth in light of the two toddlers who inhabit the house) and four chairs, all separate colors (one red, one green, one blue and one black). We rotate the colors every now and again for variety.
We eat in front of the tv. We have a kitchen table that it used for the cats. We have a dining room table that is there for... I'm not sure what. Oh! It's to hold my laundry. We should start using that.
*smooch*
Your table looks perfect there, btw. I thought you had a centerpiece on it.
Post a Comment