Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Email Karma, and other stuff

I don’t necessarily believe in karma, but I had a brush with it today. Last night I sent a couple emails to people that I don’t talk to as much as I’d like. I was just feeling like I wanted to reach out to them and let them know that I was thinking about them. Then this morning I got an email and a PM from two different people who I don’t talk to as much as I’d like. It was a nice surprise to hear from them. Funny how that works sometimes. :)
I would have emailed more of you last night, but I needed to pass out because it was getting late. I think of you all too! *group smooch*

I need to get to a chiropractor. I’m just too lazy to make an appointment and I don’t really even know who to call. I guess I should call my doctor’s office and see if they have someone to recommend. It kind of worries me that someone will be messing with my bones, but my neck is not getting any better. In fact, after sleeping on my couch for several nights (only get a/c in my living room) my neck is much, much worse. It hurts all the time and I have a constant headache. *sigh* Have any of you ever been to a chiropractor? Does it hurt?

I’ve been taking on more responsibility at work lately, so I’ve been a bit busier. It’s good in that it makes the day go faster sometimes, but I also miss being able to play as much as I used to. I’m supposed to be getting a raise though. I don’t know when or if that will actually happen. I feel kind of guilty, because I don’t feel I deserve what I make now, but I’m sure not going to turn it down! I’m barely scraping by every month right now, and I really, really want to be able to find a new place to live next year. I’m sick of my apartment. I always say I’m going to start saving money, but it never actually happens. It’s hard to save when you’ve got nothing to start with. *sigh*

ETA: Blog and you shall recieve. My raise of $1/hour has been instituted. Yay! Hopefully I can get out of the hole over the next couple months, and then open up a savings account and have some of my paycheck put directly in there.

To end on a happier note, I’m going to my sister’s to visit with them tonight. They got home from the hospital last Friday. I hope Aidan is awake for a change! Heh.
I need a nickname for him. I always call Tate my sweet pea. I need something to call Aidan. Hmmm.

16 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I enjoy the chiropractor. The neck cracking feels great. I'm not usually sore afterwards unless I get MAJOR work done. FYI, I got a great pain relieving gel from my chiropractor for a neck ache. It's called Biofreeze and you can buy it waaaay cheaper online. It's awesome.

Hopefully if you get a raise you can finally get ahead. That's the only thing that has helped me. It takes so many years to climb out from "barely scraping by," but it can be done.

*smooch*

mtw said...

*karma smooch*

Jen said...

Kim- My mom mentioned that Biofreeze stuff, too. Her BF had some and she used it one time and said it was great. I have a stick of IcyHot somewhere, but I can't find it in the cabinet where I throw all my toiletry and cleaning crap. It's such a mess. Heh.

*karma smooch* to MTW. :)

Asrai said...

Before I forget, Karen uses BioFreeze at work and I will send you some in your package, if that's ok.

I never had any neckaches when *I* slept on your couch! *sticks out tongue* I've never been to a chiropracter and I honestly don't think I ever will. Why? I am a big weenie about my bones cracking! I can crack my knuckles...sometimes, but if anything else tries to crack, I freak out! I could give you an exercise to do that will help your neck, but you'd need someone to help you. It's sorta long to write out here, so I'll just PM you with it, ok?

Yay on a possible pay raise! I also understand how more work can sometimes make things go much faster. Hopefully your work efforts won't go unnoticed and underpaid for very much longer, hon! Oh, about your apartment...you have one of the swankiest digs I've been to. Sometimes I wish I were single (with my kiddos) so I could decorate the way *I* wanted to. I loved your place!

Hmmm, nicknames for Aidan? Since you've alrady got the food thing going with Tate, how 'bout lamb chop?! *snort* Or punkin' pie? Ohhh, my oldest was called jelly bean by the ex's mom...maybe butter bean for Aidan? Damn, I'm hungry now!

*smooch*

frodis said...

My ob/gyn recommended a chiropracter late in my pregnancy when I was having lower back/hip pain. I was scared to go, but did anyway. She helped a lot - and with my neck too which has been screwed up since a concert crowd surfer fell on my head when I was in college.

It doesn't hurt. It can be a little surprising when she's kneading around the neck and then suddenly pops it, but there's no pain. I haven't been back since the baby but should go back soon to continue the neck treatments. I really did feel a lot better.

Ditto the BioFreeze.

Hooray for a raise! Maybe the trick with saving money is for a few months after the raise, live like you hadn't gotten one and just start putting the excess away. Then it should get a little easier.

I call Lauren "sweet potato" sometimes. I also started off calling her "snuggle bug" which got shortened to "snugbug" and finally just to "bug."

I've also called her "pumpkin pie" or "pumpkin doodle" (which got shortened to "punkadoo". I'm big on shortening.) I'm sure she thinks I'm insane.

Breezy said...

The sounds make you think it should hurt, but it really doesn't. I always feel better after going to a chiropracter.... hmmmm I haven't been in quite awhile.

MM said...

I used to call my DD sweet pea and DS snap dragon (another flower).

I've heard about biofreeze too. I need to look online for some.

~Nutz said...

*checks e-mail*

*pout* :(

Kidding! I don't think you even have my e-mail, do you? It's bballnutz (at) yahoo (dot) com if you want it. :)

...and you are definitely on my list when I head to OH next year! Or whenever I visit my sister again.

arkie said...

You are such a sweetheart. *smooch*

RE: the chiropractor - it doesn't hurt - wait, that's not completely true. My back was so tight or whatever, that the bed thingy with the rollers hurt like hell at first. The other problem I had was relaxing enough not to tense up when he was going to pop my neck. I could deal with everything else, but when he would grab my head and twist, I would just freak a little. Too many action flicks where they break necks, I guess.

Congrats on the raise! That is so awesome!

I always called arkieboy my little boo-bear (after Garfield the cat's teddy bear - I think he was called boo bear. If not, then it was after Yogi bear's friend, boo bear. *grin*)

Glowie said...

I loved going to the chiropractor. It's been a long time though. I went to PT a couple years ago (when I fell down the steps at work) and that was wonderful too.

yay for raises

*smooch*

Bravie said...

Congrats on the raise. Good job, girl.
I've never been to a chiropractor but Michelle went once and she said it helped a lot.
*swalt*

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I told Nutzy that she needed to visit you in Ohio.

Yay for the raise. But be careful. I find that the more I make, the more I spend.

I have never been to a chiropractor. DH went a few years back, but it didn't help. He had a bulging disk though, so I don't know if a quack could have helped.

Anonymous said...

Nicknames: Here's a list of what I have called or still call Conner.

DoodleBug
Monkey Butt
Monkey
Monkey Doodle
Punkarooni
Punkaroo
Punka
Monks
Mayor McSilly
Conner Monkey
Silly Monkey
My Baby
Goofa Loofa
Goofa

Bravie said...

*snort* Mayor McSilly. *giggle*

Puffy said...

Congratulations on the raise! Direct deposit to a savings account is a great idea. I guess I answered about the chiropractor in the post below because I read them both at the same time.

momma said...

I've never been to a chiropracter, so no advice for you there.

Yay for the raise! That's great. And you obviously do deserve it - or they wouldn't give it to you.